Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Relay Lab

Soldering the wires to the relay was a bit difficult by myself, fortunately a fellow classmate was eager to lend me his hands. I almost soldered the wrong wires to the switches, fortunately I didn't. Then I had to separate one of the wires from the lamp and cut it, which by the way was quite thick with insulation. Then I had to tie the relay wires to the exposed wires then tape them together. I programmed a sketch into the Arduino that simulated a racing heartbeat and was excited to see the light flicker to the sketch. But when it came time to test my light would not turn on. Turns out that the contacting wires were not contacting. With a simple press of my fingers the light blinked in unison to the clicking Relay and I was satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment